Monday, October 06, 2014

Right in front of our eyes

The biggest note I have on the wip is DETAILS.  All those little things involving the senses that flesh out a story and give insight to a character's emotional, physical, mental state are vital.

It occurred to me this morning that there are hundreds of details right at hand, part of my everyday life, that I ignore or take little notice of.  Every day this week, I'm going to post a picture of something that I either walk by, sit beside, use every day that gets next to no thought from me.  It's my way of remembering to include the details and small touches in the story.

This is the sleeve I put on my cup of tea every morning at work.  I bought it in Whistler in 2010 a few weeks after the Winter Olympics left town.  I likely paid a third of the peak season asking price. It's pretty and I love the swirls of ice from one activity to another.





No comments:

Post a Comment