Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Lots of good things

Wide awake and furious at 4am, I went for a walk. Ky was so happy trotting along at my side. No traffic, no people, no other animals - just the sound of our breath and feet hitting the pavement. By the time we got back home my brain had settled into a plan of solution rather than rage. The added bonus was a creepy element for the scene I wrote later in the day.

We had a good surprise visit with my great aunt this afternoon. She is deeply fond of my father, her nephew.  She asked him why he didn't have hair.  His father kept his hair, why hadn't Dad?

I walked to and from work. There's nothing like fresh air and stretching your legs. I want to get back into the habit of doing both, even though the temperature is supposed to plummet again.

My boys in blue won their hockey game, thereby halting the losing streak at eight games. Phew. Fingers crossed they play well on Thursday night when I'm actually in attendance. It's a birthday present with my brother. 

And I remember what my Good Thing was yesterday morning. Lady, the world's oldest breeding osprey has returned to her nest at the Loch of the Lowes in Scotland. I don't know why watching her lay, incubate and hatch wee osprey eggs makes me so happy but it does. Perhaps it's her resilience.

No comments:

Post a Comment