Monday, April 21, 2014

Home sweet good stuff

Ack.  Our vacation is over.  Ky is lying in his bed, exhausted. He slept all the way home but it is tough being a disinterested travel companion. He only woke up at the border to smile at the guard then curled back up until we pulled into the driveway.

The drive was fairly uneventful. I had a nasty collision with the nozzle holster at the gas station but the price was still low enough that the bruise was confined to my leg instead of hitting my wallet as well. 

The morning was full of sun, fresh picked veggies for a small salad and a few conversations.  Before we set out for home, we did have a good walk around the College Town in which we stayed last night.  There were several libraries.  The public library had an alley of book themed murals. The college library was built in the early 1800s. I didn't take many pictures today. I was just enjoying the bright sunshine, floral-scented air and Ky's calm demeanor.

Why are toll roads the ones with the most potholes?  Isn't that the point of paying tolls, to keep the roads in good condition?  We drove through plenty of construction sites but saw very few workers. Yesterday, we saw one lonely guy setting up cones on the median. 

I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed. I hope Milo doesn't spend the night yelling at me for leaving him behind while I took Ky on vacation. That cat is never satisfied. That's most likely because he's a cat. I understand contrariness is part of their nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment