Friday, September 13, 2013

Surprise

I drove home from work thinking today wasn't as up and down as yesterday. It was really blah in comparison. There a few fun conversations, people whose sheer stubbornness begged to be mocked. I don't tend towards meanness but I was borderline. I'm pretty sure Melvil Dewey was rolling his eyes at someone's attempt to reclassify an entire subject.  I know we all were.

Anyway, Stashaholic has settled more or less on a date for her Feline Inspection. It's nice to have company in our future.  That's what we use as an excuse to get everyone to clean up their part of the house.

Someone was grilling something when I got home.  There's nothing quite like the smell of a bbq on a cold Autumnal day.  Turns out it was DNe making hamburgers.  I walked in the back door, tripped over a cat while DNe was grabbing buns out of the freezer. It took me a moment to realize it was Eliot, back a day early.  He was quite vocal about his return. I guess my dad didn't get the message that tomorrow was the pickup so he went down this afternoon and got him. It was wonderful to hear my dad so animated while telling the tale. 

Milo and Eliot are staring at each other from two different chairs in the living room. There's been a lot of hissing and spitting on Milo's part.   He thought he'd gotten rid of the young upstart.

As an unrelated aside, I love oil of oregano. I've been fighting a bad cold all week.  Every time I remember to take the burning tincture, it holds the symptoms at bay for most of the day. 

I hope your day went well

No comments:

Post a Comment