Monday, September 02, 2013

Labouring Good Things

One Good Thing about cleaning out the pantry was the room I made for the jars of canned and jammed peaches.

Ky and Eliot (I was right, TS Eliot wrote the poetry that was the basis for the musical CATS, he didn't write the fog poem but I knew there was a reason I associated him with felines) spent an hour together in the same room.  Ky is learning boundaries. Eliot is learning not to run.  Growling continues.
 
I  finished a good book by a debut author - The handbook for lightning strike survivors.  It was a slow start but had a satisfying end.

I didn't get as much done as I'd planned for today, the living room looks the same apart from the Pilates ball being on the opposite side of the room from the bird cage - but my bedroom looks better, laundry was washed and floors were scrubbed. 

When all that bending over made me dizzy, I popped a movie into the DVD player.  I was surprised that I'd never heard of Flipped.  This sweet story about a couple of eighth graders who have a complicated relationship.  Told from both points of view, it's thought-provoking and complex.  To mangle a quote, it's a delicious parfait that reveals a surprising richness of flavour.




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion of 'Flipped'. I hadn't heard of it, but it's now on hold at my library :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone donated it to our library otherwise I wouldn't know it either. It had a great cast and the two leads are very talented. Glad I could recommend something different. :)

      Delete
  2. I forgot to get back to you - we did watch this and enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete