Sunday, August 04, 2013

Computer vacation

One Good Thing about feeling anti-social is the opportunity to catch up on reading. Plus, the horror story is pinging dialogue around in my head. I'm not quite sure where it's going but I've been making notes.

My work schedule has increased considerably. That's a very good thing when it comes to taking care of my bank account.

The strap on my shoe broke Friday afternoon so I glued it back on with book glue.  That held reasonably well but I'm really glad I swung by the house, discovered four pairs of sandals I forgot I owned, and swapped them out. We got caught in a vicious rain and the glue would have been washed away. My jacket is still damp. 

It looks we'll be having fresh tomato sandwiches in the next day or two.  Only one plant has produced anything in this weird summer but we'll take it. The radishes are woody and the cucumbers stalled out.  I'm beginning to wonder if I need to move the garden to a better location. The pond is in great shape this year. The fish have procreated and the new lily has incredible blooms. 

The day has passed in a blur with little to show for it.  No excitement. Little interaction. Lots of quiet reflection. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment