Saturday, July 06, 2013

Unconnected good things

One good thing about having such a horrible headache is I'll be in bed before too long which means I *should* wake up well-rested tomorrow.

I walked to work this morning. Yay! It's been two weeks since the 32km walk and I've not kept up with the training.  On the detour route -the bridge no longer exists - I saw a beautiful Golden Retriever. I realized that I knew him, that his people weren't around, and that he needed to go home. So I yelled at him and sent him on his way. Then I called his people and told them where he was.  A pickup truck was racing down the road so I yelled at him about the dog. Too many people are using that short strip of road like a drag race.  Good news - the dog made it home safely.  I shudder to think what would have happened if I hadn't walked this morning. He was well on his way down to the canal when I came along.

We had a very productive day at work. I was able to tidy up a whole mess of small jobs. I also organized several others. 

A little pre-dinner entertainment - the birds were out of the cage under strong supervision. Kiki tried to bathe in my glass of water.  The opening was narrow enough that she couldn't fall in her. Her body is wider than the mouth of the cup.  Yoda didn't want to be left out of the fun so he chased her off so he can have his own bath. He's twice her size.  All that fit was his feet, one at a time, and his head. He'd dunk his whole head into the water, come up for air, sneeze then duck back underwater.  He was absolutely ridiculous and happy as a clam.

DNe and I had dinner with my parents. They weren't as entertaining as the birds but definitely interesting. 

All in all, a good day. Not the best finish but easily fixable.

No comments:

Post a Comment