Monday, June 10, 2013

Rainy good things

The rain barrel is overflowing and so is the pond. Ky and I went out to bail the latter and were both soaked to the bone. I have no idea why I found that so funny but I did.  We were also covered in rose petals so we smelled pretty.

There was enough of a break in the rain for me to pop over to DeCew House and take some photos from multiple angles for DNe.  There are several different colours of stone that I'd never noticed. It was kind of cool to look at the old building through an artist's eye.

I can hear the steady strike of rain against the roof next door and the ground below my living room window. It's a soothing sound. Yes, we're soggy outside but warm and toasty inside. I'm going to dig up a good book, curl up on the couch and ignore all the tasks that are frustrating me.  Frustration makes it less likely to accomplish those chores. 

Tomorrow is another day.  Today was a good one.  All that water made for some interesting perspective shifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment