Saturday, February 09, 2013

Snowy Good Things

We had a lot of fun carpooling to work and joking about winter in Canada.  Lots of snow and it's still coming down.  People were surprisingly jovial and laid back today.

We closed early so I came home and mocked my friend Lisa for suggesting chapters don't write themselves when snow days are meant to be spent frivolously.  Then I wrote for two hours. This horror story is freaking me out. It flows so easily and with such depravity. I don't even know where some of this ick comes from but hey, record it.  That's the best way to sleep at night.

I caught up with a couple of friends online and through the telephone.  We laughed. That is always good.

I paid bills. It made me cranky but the important thing is they are all paid. Not that that's unusual but money is math and math stresses me out. Being dyslexic with numbers is a pain.

The thing I'm noticing most about this One Good Thing is not that suddenly life is fantastic and all the crap has disappeared.  Focusing on the good gives me the strength to deal with the crap.  My bill-paying crank didn't last near as long as it usually does.  I'm really blessed to be able to take care of all that I do. 

Remembering to breath is good as well. Don't take that for granted. In. Out. Repeat. It's amazing how often we forget to do that when we're stressed.  It took me a minute to catch my breath when I came back inside after shoveling the walkway the first time. I think we've given up until we know the snow has stopped for good. We're Canadian. We're resilient.

How did you spend your Snow Day?  If you didn't get one of those, I hope your day had an unexpected bonus tucked in it somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:26 PM

    Shovel, shovel, shovel. That's how I spent my snow day. But in a fun-shovel kind of way. I played with G-Pup in the snow. I made soup. It goes with winter and snow days. I read. I blogged. I took pics. I Skype-d. I watched Heartbeat. I wrote. :-D Oh, and I dried my mitts and toque on the heating vent! :-D :-D :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. G-Pup probably loved the snow day. What kind of soup????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:52 AM

    Turkey/black bean/vegetable/barley - yummies.

    ReplyDelete