Sunday, November 04, 2012

Head cold

My brain is muffled so lots of interesting things don't make their way out.  I'm not apathetic, merely incoherent.

That's nothing to complain about these days. Lots of people are sharing their gratitude every day this month. I assume it was prompted by American Thanksgiving. While I agree we should pay more attention to the things for which we are grateful, I don't think it should be confined to one month a year. It's pretty sad if we have to make it an assignment.

It's been gratifying to see the way people have banded together in the wake of Sandy's path. Those that have power are sharing with those that don't.  Few people are complaining as so so many are in the same situation. 

I wonder what skills in which we'll see a resurgence.

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people are moving on the path that I am based on the blogs and facebook posts. I realized that if the power went out, everything in my freezer is done. So that's one of the reasons I'm moving more towards canning goods and bought the pressure canner to do soups. I can always eat those cold or heat on the bbq. Even the sales people in the stores have commented when I'm buying jars for canning how many more people are doing it now. It's the desire for good local produce where you know what goes in it. I also really enjoy sharing it with co-workers, friends and family members. The giving back aspect just works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking more along the lines of chopping down trees, cooking in a fireplace and building shelter out of whatever materials are handy. It's too late in the season for canning, although I can see how that's making a comeback. Not here though, our garden only yielded one tomato, three peppers and two meals worth of potatoes. Even the raspberries were sparse.

    ReplyDelete