Sunday, September 30, 2012

Overwhelmed

I did write this week. H/h are no longer stuck in a doorway together. Non-fiction project has one more section completed. Dog was brushed, several times. His fur has filled a bucket so I need to wash that, blend it, card it and spin it.  yeah, that will wait. I worked on the latest quilt.  I picked up the Tunisian crochet and figured out where I went wrong.  I sorted through some photographs.  I went for a few long walks and took more photographs for the tree blog. 

I grieved for three lost friends. Two are hitting first year anniversaries, the body of the third was found this week.  All were too damn young. 

There are not enough hours in a week for me to accomplish all the tasks I've set for myself.  So day by day, one task at a time, I work on them.  For the most part, they are joyful endeavors.  It's easier to remember that when I'm not trying to cram everything into my day because my friends don't have the option of letting things slide.

Overwhelmed. It's pointless yet somehow I feel it.  What do you do when that feeling hits you?

2 comments:

  1. I live by lists. Things I'd like to do, things I must do. Things I'd rather not do. Each day I make sure I pick one from each column. Choosing which one I'm going to cross off makes me feel like I'm a little bit more in control.

    However this week things came to a head for me. I was the same as you - completely overwhelmed and approaching panic.

    So I just picked a patch of sunshine and laid down in it with Clancy. Her purring made me feel that I was wanted, needed and loved.

    And that allowed me to get up and go back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((hugs))) You've just had too much on your plate, lately, kiddo.

    Glad to hear you are getting the hang of Tunisian crochet. I've decided to torture myself by learning Tunisian lace. It's an experience.

    ReplyDelete