Monday, November 19, 2007

Great Day


I couldn't get my butt out of bed this morning. My legs were exhausted and weak so I wrote the day off for exercise. Then I spent some time on the phone with a friend in crisis and I needed some fresh air. I grabbed my new mp3 player, the dog, some tennis balls and off I went.

Once the dog was happy with a ball in his mouth, I switched on the voice recorder and talked faster than I walked. It was scintillating, brilliant and insightful. It was also all lost because I didn't hit the right button. That stopped me cold. Once I figured out what I'd done wrong, I hit my stride. Alex's illusions fell by the wayside as I walked quickly along the canal.

I felt fantastic. I was walking and writing and Ky was happy. The weather was cold, crisp but not precipitating. It was a great experience. Just as we turned to head back home, I saw a barge being pushed down the canal by a tugboat. The barge was named, I swear I'm not making this up, CMS 1261. Add those numbers up, people. Ten! The tugboat is the rest of Team CB. Thanks, ladies for inspiring me every day.

So what if I ate two shortbread cookies? I had an excellent morning. Now I have to go input what I wrote while I walked.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 AM

    Ah, technology is a wonderful thing. Now, the human operating it...that's another matter entirely. ;-) That is so something I would do. In fact, I have a mini-recorder here in a drawer on my desk that I have yet to learn to operate successfully. We lives to fight another day!

    Proud of your accomplishments, Ms. Keziah. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You earned that gold star. (And Ky makes a great personal trainer -- I think he deserves a star too ;)

    I love the feeling of having exercised first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete